Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In Sri Lanka For Your Vacation
Sri Lanka is among the most favored destinations for travelers who want to experience the natural beauties of diverse landscapes, from tropical jungles to endless stretches of fine, white sand beaches. Surrounding the island nation of Sri Lanka is a coastline with numerous golden beaches. And beach tours in Sri Lanka are one of the best parts! The picturesque vistas of these fine sandy shorelines will let you immerse yourself in a world of your own. Additionally, beaches are the perfect place to unwind, with the sound of flowing waves giving you a feeling of upheaval, joy, and peace. Please, keep reading. We'll give you some excellent information about the most beautiful beaches in Sri Lanka.
List of Sri Lanka beaches you should explore at least once
Sri Lanka beach tours are something you must experience at least once in your life. The beautiful beaches here will make you temporarily put aside your worries and recharge your energy completely. From tidal islands and white sand bars to swinging palm trees and bustling bars on the beach, every beach from east to west has its unique character. Whether you're a skilled surfer looking for the best waves or a hammock lover looking to unwind, sip fresh coconuts, and paddle in the shallows, whatever your interests, spending time on the beaches in Sri Lanka is a must-do!
Bentota is a famous resort beach positioned midway between popular locations like Galle and Colombo. Surrounded by dense forest and tall palm trees cover the beach with its sun-kissed sandy stretches. It owns high-class boutique hotels and a variety of attractive seafood dishes that make Bentota a romantic location for a beach wedding in Sri Lanka.
Bentota is also the hub of Sri Lanka's watersports. You can try your hands on watersports such as water skiing and canoeing. Visiting the aquatic life protection center or staying at resorts and enjoying a relaxing spa are the most popular activities in Bentota.
Nice view of Bentota beach on magnificent Bentota Lagoon
Located northwest of Unawatuna, Jungle Beach is a pretty bay surrounded by jungle where you may spend a wonderful day snorkeling and tanning. The beach is home to a variety of fish, moray eels, crabs, barracudas, triggerfish, and other marine animals.
Numerous water sports, including swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, and boat rides, are available at Jungle Beach. The other popular activities at Jungle Beach for travelers include whale watching, touring historic sites, jungle hiking, and many more activities.
The small bay is known as "jungle beach Sri Lanka" because of its top resorts and cabins outfitted with opulent amenities, providing you with a calm getaway amidst the jungle settings. Private paths from the resorts and cabins take you to the serene shoreline, where you can listen to the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean.
Jungle Beach on the tropical coast Indian ocean, Unawatuna, island of Sri Lanka
Hikkaduwa is a beach in Sri Lanka tourism, famous for its untouched natural beauty. Located on the west coast and the closest to Colombo, it offers amazing seafood at affordable prices for international travelers. Along Hikkaduwa beach are rows of plushest hotels and nightclubs. During the day, you can enjoy activities like diving and snorkeling to observe beautiful coral reefs and the diversity of marine life. At Hikkaduwa beach, you may also have a chance to witness giant water turtles when you swim close to the beach. The sunsets at Hikkaduwa beach are one of the things you definitely can't miss; nothing compares to seeing the sun melt into the horizon line in the warm evening air.
The sunset on Hikkaduwa Beach
For some, Mirissa beach is perhaps the most beautiful beach in Sri Lanka, owing to its fine white sands surrounded by verdant palm trees, clear waters, and bouncy waves. Mirissa beach attracts travelers from all over the world, from expert surfers to ardent sunbathers. It’s famous for surfing, diving, and swimming activities.
Mirissa beach is also the best place for whale watching in Sri Lanka. A lot of whales can often be spotted fairly near the shoreline. Additionally, numerous tour companies have been established based in the village to provide boat trips to see them from December to April.
Travelers observe whales at Mirissa beach
Kudawa beach, located in Kalpitiya, is one of the greatest in the area. With its calm water all year round, Kudawa is a hub for various water sports, ranging from windsurfing or kitesurfing to boat cruises along the lagoon or the sea.
Kudawa is also one of the best places for beach camping in Sri Lanka. You can bring some food, refreshments, and fruits to relax and rest on a stretch of golden sand. When having a trip to Kudawa beach, sunscreen is an essential item to prevent sunburn.
Beautiful Kudawa coast, northwestern Sri Lanka
Ideal time to go on beach tours in Sri Lanka
The natural beauty of Sri Lanka beach is always something that attracts international tourists. However, to have the best experience for Sri Lanka beach tours, you should carefully learn about the weather before you board a flight to Sri Lanka.
The high season for beach tours in Sri Lanka is between December and April. This is also the best time to see dolphins and whales in the ocean. Additionally, tourists can also plan to visit from April to October, when the weather is quite cool, and the sea is calm, perfect for water sports.
Useful Information to explore these destinations
When traveling to Sri Lanka, international travelers should check Sri Lanka visa requirements to see if their country is on the list of visa-exempt countries for Sri Lanka visas. If not on the list, international travelers are required to possess a valid Sri Lanka visa to enter the country. Don't worry, the application process for a tourist visa to Sri Lanka can now be completed online.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services can help you get an e-visa quickly without going to the embassy or consulate. You simply remain at home and apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa by completing the e-visa application form You should double-check all the data that you supplied before submitting an application. Any errors or unmatched information may result in delays in processing.
Hopefully, you'll get your visa soon and have a memorable trip from the beaches of Sri Lanka.
- Start Your Family Holiday To Sri Lanka With Top 5 Amazing Places
- The Romance Of The Rails: A Sri Lankan Train Journey Through Time
- Top Things To Do In Galle When Traveling To Sri Lanka
- The Vibrant and Festive Poson Poya Festival in Sri Lanka
- Best Restaurants In Colombo That Every Tourist Must Visit
- Embark On An Adventure In Kandy Sri Lanka Where Enigma Awaits
- The Significance Of Sri Lanka Languages In Building A Harmonious Society
- A Complete Guide Of Ambuluwawa Tower In Sri Lanka
- Understanding Colombo's Weather Patterns: Hot or Humid?
- Tuk Tuk Adventure in Sri Lanka: Riding with the Wind
- Sri Lanka Traditional Dress: A Window into The Rich Heritage
- Sri Lanka Travel Places: Highlights & The 8 Top Best Destinations
- Dambulla Sri Lanka - Explore The Rich Cultural Heritage
- Top 6 Things To Do In Ella Sri Lanka That You Should Add To Your Trip
- Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka - A Perfect Trip To Unwind
- Sigiriya Sri Lanka - Masterpiece Lion Fortress In The Middle Of The Jungle
- The Best Hotels In Sri Lanka Available Across All Price Ranges
- A Guide To The Best Sri Lanka Money Exchange Options For Maximizing Value
- Escape to Paradise: Your Guide to Traveling from the UK to Sri Lanka
- Uncover the Beauty of Sri Lanka: A Guide to Traveling from India
- Stay Up-to-Date: A Guide to Sri Lanka's Latest Travel Restriction
- Discover the Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka: A Guide to the Weather
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Sri Lanka Worth Visiting For International Travelers
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016