Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- Best time to visit Sri Lanka tourist places
- Top 5 tourist attractions in Sri Lanka for your next vacation
- Useful information for entering Sri Lanka to explore these tourist destinations
For many travelers, Sri Lanka is not an unfamiliar name on their bucket list destinations in the world. Known as “the Pearl of the Indian Ocean'', Sri Lanka is famous for its natural landscapes, glorious sandy beaches and rich culture. Therefore, it is not hard to understand why Sri Lanka has been considered “one of the best places to visit in Asia” for many years.
Let’s put your work aside and follow Sri Lanka Immigration Services to discover the top 5 best tourist places in Sri Lanka!
Best time to visit Sri Lanka tourist places
Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, is an island country lying in the Indian Ocean, consisting of a main island and a number of smaller islands.
Sri lanka is a tropical island that has quite high temperatures throughout much of the year. In coastal regions, the temperatures range from 25 to 30°C and the temperatures in the highlands range from 15 to 18°C year round.
The best time to visit tourist attractions in Sri Lanka is from January to April or from Mid-July to September. However, in Sri Lanka, there are two monsoon seasons (May - July and October - January) which may badly affect your trip. So make sure that you carefully check the weather condition before booking a flight to this beautiful island.
For better experience in Sri Lanka, read: Sri Lanka Travel Insurance for Travelers here.
Top 5 tourist attractions in Sri Lanka for your next vacation
1. Tangalle (Tangalla) Beach
Located in Hambantota District in Southern Province, Sri Lanka, Tangalle is one of the most favorite Sri Lanka tourist places for international travelers. Thanks to its transparent turquoise waters, mixing with the tall palm trees stretching along the white sandy beaches, Tangalle Beach will be a perfect destination for you to get rid of the hustle and bustle of the city. You will have many opportunities to engage in outdoor activities here like collecting seashells, sunbathing, and playing beach sports.
For peace seekers, just comfortably lying on the beach and listening to the sound of waves can effectively calm your stressed-out body and mind. Or if you want to get a new experience in Tangalle Beach, you can rent a canoe and visit Tangalle Lagoon. This off the beaten path is exactly what you are looking for to escape the crowds and explore the local wildlife near the beach, making your trip more enjoyable.
2. Colombo Capital
Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka is really worth a visit at least once in your life. Beautiful landscapes, buildings with the mix of colonial styles and modern designs, and delicious cuisine are the main features of this capital.
Some of the attractive tourist spots for your Colombo trip are Lotus Tower, Galle Face Green Park, Viharamahadevi Park, Arcade Square, Colombo National Museum.
3. YALA National Park
Are you an animal lover? Or you want to find a place to explore a wide-open world with fresh air and to learn more about the ecosystem in Sri Lanka ? Here comes an ideal place for your fantastic trip to top-rated Sri Lanka tourist spots - YALA National Park.
Nestled in the south-eastern corner of Sri Lanka, Yala National Park is home to many leopards with a density that is higher than anywhere else on this planet. You can also see hundreds of bird species, several species of deer and wild buffalos with a very close proximity while walking around the park. Now let’s discover the diverse wildlife and enjoy the landscape views around YALA National Park!
4. Temple of The Sacred Tooth Relic
If you are seeking a world renowned place for worship, Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic is actually one of your best choices for your trip in Sri Lanka.
Situated in a royal complex in Kandy City and recognized as a World Heritage by UNESCO in 1988, Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is one of the most top-rated tourist attraction places in Sri lanka for Buddhist tourists who want to visit and go on pilgrimage every year.
The temple is near the romantic Kandy Lake and surrounded by a beautiful garden. Strolling along the temple grounds and absorbing all the positive energy generated in the temple, you will slowly start forgetting all your sorrows and your mind will be filled with positive thoughts.
5. SIGIRIYA - “The Lion of ” of Sri Lanka
Perched on a giant rock in the Matale district, The Lion fortress is a perfect getaway in Sri Lanka which attracts many visitors every year. It is proudly referred to as “The world’s eighth wonder” and definitely one of the best places to check out when traveling to Sri lanka.
A gem among famous Sri lanka tourist destinations, Sigiriya is attractive not only thanks to its one-of-a-kind design and great archaeological importance but also the cultural values that it has. Sigiriya has the shape of a giant lion, unfortunately the upper section was destroyed, only the lion claws remain. For that reason, it is called “Sigiriya”, derived from the Sihagri which means: Lion Rock.
Entering the main entrance of the fortress which is in the northern part of the monument, you will be impressed by the striking features of Sigiriya like the female frescoes, the mirror walls and terraced gardens dating back to many centuries.
Useful information for entering Sri Lanka to explore these tourist destinations
Don’t forget to carefully read these instructions before booking flights or tour packages to Sri Lanka:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are exempted from pre-departure COVID-19 PCR/ Rapid.
- No minimum number of days is required for a stay.
- No restrictive quarantine required.
- Visas can be applied online. With our experienced staff, we can make it easier for you to get an e Visa for your trip in Sri lanka. Before applying, you can read more about Sri Lanka visa requirements for international visitors and click the link below for the first step to complete your e-visa application: Application for Visa online.
Let’s work together for an unforgettable experience in 5 best tourist places in Sri Lanka.
- Start Your Family Holiday To Sri Lanka With Top 5 Amazing Places
- The Romance Of The Rails: A Sri Lankan Train Journey Through Time
- Top Things To Do In Galle When Traveling To Sri Lanka
- The Vibrant and Festive Poson Poya Festival in Sri Lanka
- Best Restaurants In Colombo That Every Tourist Must Visit
- Embark On An Adventure In Kandy Sri Lanka Where Enigma Awaits
- The Significance Of Sri Lanka Languages In Building A Harmonious Society
- A Complete Guide Of Ambuluwawa Tower In Sri Lanka
- Understanding Colombo's Weather Patterns: Hot or Humid?
- Tuk Tuk Adventure in Sri Lanka: Riding with the Wind
- Sri Lanka Traditional Dress: A Window into The Rich Heritage
- Sri Lanka Travel Places: Highlights & The 8 Top Best Destinations
- Dambulla Sri Lanka - Explore The Rich Cultural Heritage
- Top 6 Things To Do In Ella Sri Lanka That You Should Add To Your Trip
- Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka - A Perfect Trip To Unwind
- Sigiriya Sri Lanka - Masterpiece Lion Fortress In The Middle Of The Jungle
- The Best Hotels In Sri Lanka Available Across All Price Ranges
- A Guide To The Best Sri Lanka Money Exchange Options For Maximizing Value
- Escape to Paradise: Your Guide to Traveling from the UK to Sri Lanka
- Uncover the Beauty of Sri Lanka: A Guide to Traveling from India
- Stay Up-to-Date: A Guide to Sri Lanka's Latest Travel Restriction
- Discover the Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka: A Guide to the Weather
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In Sri Lanka For Your Vacation
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Sri Lanka Worth Visiting For International Travelers
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016