What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
Sri Lanka ETA is an official document permitting entry into and travel to Sri Lanka. It is an alternative to visas issued at Sri Lanka missions and at the ports of entry. International travelers who wish to visit Sri Lanka for a short stay for sightseeing, holidays, or undergoing medical treatment need to apply for Sri Lanka ETA.
The Sri Lanka ETA visa was launched by the Government of Sri Lanka and came into effect on 1st January 2012.
What are the advantages of ETA?
Compared to a regular visa obtained at the Embassy, a Sri Lanka ETA has more advantages.
- You can apply for a visa online, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy and make necessary appointments.
- The required documents for eTA applications are easy to obtain. Only a valid passport is required. You do not need to deal with a ton of paperwork as before.
- The processing time is shortened. At Sri Lanka Immigration Services, travelers can expect to receive their Sri Lanka eTA in a maximum of 03 business days. For rush applications, we can help customers get a visa in as soon as 05 hours.
- You can keep track of your visa application progress and get your eTA via email.
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What is Covid-19 insurance?
- Can Pakistani citizens work in Sri Lanka with tourist ETA?
- How to track Sri Lanka visa status for Pakistani citizens?
- How long will Sri Lanka eVisa ETA be valid for Pakistanis?
- How do I get a Sri Lanka visit visa from Pakistan?
- Is the Sri Lanka ETA visa open for tourism from Pakistan?
- Do Pakistanis need a visa for Sri Lanka? View more