Sri Lanka Visa for Tanzanian Citizens: Requirements and Cost in December 2023
- 1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Tanzanian citizens
- 3. Type of Sri Lanka visa/ETA for Tanzanian citizens
- 4. Cost of a Sri Lanka visa/ETA
- 5. The processing time for a Sri Lanka ETA
Many Tanzanian tourists find Sri Lanka to be a desirable tourist destination. Sri Lanka is an excellent vacation destination because of its beautiful beaches, pristine natural environment, and peaceful people.
If you're thinking about visiting Sri Lanka, keep reading to find out about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Tanzanians with Sri Lanka Immigration Services in the article below!
1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Tanzanian citizens
Tanzanian residents must obtain a visa before entering the country because their country is not on the list of exempt nations for Sri Lanka visas. Fortunately, thanks to e-Visa, that procedure is now more feasible than ever, and Tanzanians are no longer required to apply for a standard Visa.
The Sri Lanka visa for Tanzania is relatively simple, with only the following requirements:
- You must have a valid Tanzania passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival. The passport must have at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- To pay the application fee, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
- Your regular email address.
The most important consideration is the passport's validity. If your passport is about to expire (6 months or less when you arrive in Sri Lanka), you should renew it first.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Tanzanian citizens
You can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at Sri Lanka Immigration Services . This can be done not only for yourself, but also for a group of passengers, saving you a lot of time. You can also apply on behalf of someone else; you will need the traveler's passport information.
Fill out a visa/ETA application
Use the online application form to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka for Tanzanians. Fill it out in minutes with the relevant information.
Make an online payment
You can pay securely and quickly after completing the form by using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal.
Receive a Sri Lanka ETA
After the submission of your application, you can receive your visa within 05 to 72 hours via email. You should bring at least a copy of your ETA to present it to the Immigration Officer at the airport upon arrival.
3. Type of Sri Lanka visa/ETA for Tanzanian citizens
Tanzanian citizens must obtain a visa to visit Sri Lanka. To obtain a conventional visa, Tanzania passport holders must apply online for an e-visa/ETA or visit the Sri Lanka embassy in Tanzania or in oversea.
Tanzanians can choose from a number of Sri Lanka ETAs to meet their travel needs. The Sri Lankan visa policy specifies the following three:
Sri Lanka Tourist visa/ETA
Tanzanian tourists can use this travel authorization to visit Sri Lanka for leisure and relaxation. The tourist visa/ETA is valid for six months and allows Tanzanians to visit Sri Lanka twice during that time. They are only allowed to stay for a total of 30 days.
Sri Lanka Business visa/ETA
Tanzanian professionals can travel to Sri Lanka for business meetings, investment opportunities, and professional events. The Business visa/ETA is also valid for six months and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days. The Business ETA differs in that it allows for multiple entries within the ETA's validity period.
Sri Lanka Transit visa/ETA
You can request a transit ETA if you have a layover in Sri Lanka on your way to another destination. It is valid for 6 months from the issued date and allows for only one admission. The layover will be no longer than 48 hours.
The application for a Sri Lanka ETA is entirely online, and unlike regular visas, there is no need for the applicant to visit an embassy.
Tanzania nationals who need to stay in Sri Lanka for more than a month or who plan to relocate for a longer period of time for employment or academic reasons should contact the Sri Lankan embassy in Tanzania to determine which travel authorization is best for them.
4. Cost of a Sri Lanka visa/ETA
Tanzanians must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa fees in order to obtain a Sri Lanka e visa/ETA: a service charge and a government fee.
- The government fee is the amount paid to the Sri Lanka Immigration Department in order for the e-Visa/ETA to be processed.
- The service charge is the fee you must pay in advance for us to assist you with your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. This service includes advice on your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, paperwork submission, application evaluation, and notification of the outcome of your application.
A quick reminder: if you want to stay connected to the Internet while traveling, get a Sri Lanka 4G SIM card as well as COVID-19 insurance to protect your benefits. You will be charged a small fee to ensure that you have a safe and smooth journey.
Don't forget to book a pick-up service in Sri Lanka, a great experience for travelers as soon as they arrive in this beautiful country. What you need to do is rest after a long flight, our driver will pick you up right at the airport and carry your luggage to the car. You can enjoy your surroundings while our driver takes you to your destination
5. The processing time for a Sri Lanka ETA
There are now three service levels available for the Sri Lanka ETA service at Sri Lanka Immigration Services, based on whether you want your ETA quick or slow.
- Standard service: Within 03 business days, the ETA will be sent to you via email. This is one of the most affordable options.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will receive your Sri Lanka e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: If you choose this service type, you will receive your e-Visa within 5 working hours if you have an emergency.
Hope this article give you the useful information about Sri Lanka visa for Tanzania citizens. Please contact us if you have any further questions or need to book a Sri Lanka visa ETA service. Our professional team has many years of experience in the Sri Lanka Immigration field and will assist you in obtaining the ETA quickly while saving you a lot of time and money.