Sri Lanka visa requirements for Taiwanese (Formosan) citizens
- 1. Sri Lanka visa requirement for Taiwan citizens
- 2. How to apply Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Taiwan citizens
- 3. Sri Lanka visa for Taiwan citizens cost
- 4. Advisory for Sri Lanka travel for Taiwan citizens
While Taiwanese citizens may be able to enter several countries with just a passport, many other countries will require a Visa. This is the case with Sri Lanka, where Taiwanese nationals must apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa (Electronic Travel Authorization) before visiting for personal reasons.
This article will explain the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens, as well as the conditions and costs.
1. Sri Lanka visa requirement for Taiwan citizens
Taiwan passport holders with an ETA are permitted to enter Sri Lanka (which is called an Electronic Travel Authorization).
In contrast to traditional visa applications, Taiwan passport holders can apply for a Visa (ETA) online in a matter of minutes. If you want to save time and money, you should use the Sri Lankan visa service.
With over ten years of experience providing Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETA) services to numerous customers, our skilled staff is always ready to provide you with the best possible experience.
Type of Sri Lanka visa for Taiwan citizens
Taiwan passport holders who want to visit Sri Lanka must obtain a visa. The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months from the date of issuance, allowing Taiwan citizens to stay for up to 30 days.
There are three types of e-Visas available, one of which is the e-Tourist Visa. Taiwanese nationals are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the date of their arrival. According to Sri Lankan law, this type of visa can be used for travel, short-term treatment, meetings, or other activities. With a tourist ETA, Taiwanese travelers are allowed to enter Sri Lanka twice.
A business e-visa, with the exception of work, allows a person with an international role to stay in Sri Lanka for a maximum of 30 days from the date of entry. Taiwanese passport holders can visit Sri Lanka multiple times during the visa's validity period.
Transit e-Visa: Please take into consideration that you will have a maximum of 48 hours to stay in Sri Lanka for the purpose of transiting to another destination.
Taiwan travelers who want to work or stay in Sri Lanka permanently are unable to apply for a Sri Lankan ETA. In this case, the applicant must obtain a standard visa from a Sri Lankan consulate or embassy.
2. How to apply Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Taiwan citizens
Taiwanese citizens can now apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Taiwan. Sri Lanka Immigration Services can help you complete the online application process, after which you will receive your travel document very quickly.
The four steps in the Sri Lanka eTA Visa processing time are as follows:
- Step 1: Fill out an online application for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 2: Make Payment online for the visa application fee.
- Step 3: Submit your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA application.
- Step 4: Once you receive your visa, you should print out your Sri Lanka ETA. Make sure your visa is stamped in your passport upon arrival.
The required documents to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA
Please make sure that the following paperwork is adequate to ensure a successful application process ETA:
- Passport: Must be valid for at least 180 days after arrival in Sri Lanka, with at least 02 unused pages for verification.
- Email address: Make sure you provide a valid email address to which you have access. Because if your application is approved, the ETA will be sent to your email in PDF format. You should print it before traveling to Sri Lanka.
- Payment methods include credit or debit card, PayPal, or bank transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus).
3. Sri Lanka visa for Taiwan citizens cost
The Sri Lanka visa fee is divided into two parts: the visa service fee and the government fee. The State fee is compulsory for Taiwan citizens to obtain their ETA.
The overall cost of the Sri Lanka ETA will differ depending on the kind of visa you apply for in terms of the service charge. Regarding the processing time of visa, there are three service fee tiers available at Sri Lanka Immigration Services:
- Normal: In most cases, a traveler can obtain an e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days. If you're not in a hurry, this is the best option for low-budget vacations.
- A scan of your passport’s biographical page is required.
- Urgent: If you want to receive an e-Visa/ETA in 24 hours, this is the most cost-effective option.
- Super urgent: If you have an urgent need, you can obtain an e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours using this service. The faster you get it, the higher the fee for your excellent service experience.
Furthermore, for a small fee, you can use our additional services to ensure that your vacation to Sri Lanka goes as smoothly as possible:
- Insurance services: increase your chances of being protected from the spread of the Covid-19 epidemic.
- With a Sri Lanka 4G Sim card, you can stay in touch with friends and family while traveling.
- Car pick up service: Taiwanese only need to enter the information once when applying for a Sri Lanka visa. Fast and convenient pickup service for Taiwanese tourists as soon as they arrive in Sri Lanka
4. Advisory for Sri Lanka travel for Taiwan citizens
Before you plan a trip to Sri Lanka, let's look at the most recent information.
Is Sri Lanka visa-free for Taiwan citizens?
No. Taiwan passport holders who want to travel to and enter Sri Lanka require a Sri Lanka ETA. Taiwanese travelers can apply for one of three types of ETA based on their travel purposes.
Do Taiwanese citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. Taiwan citizens must be aware of the latest update of the Government on Covid-19 requirements when visiting Sri Lanka. From June 17th, 2022, Taiwanese nationals do not need to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka.
If the 'required doses' of the COVID-19 vaccination are completed and Taiwanese citizens depart from abroad two weeks after completion of vaccination, they will be considered as 'Fully Vaccinated'. All travelers who have obtained COVID-19 vaccines should carry a proof of vaccination in English throughout their travel. In addition, Taiwanese travelers are not required to submit a Health Declaration Form.
What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Taiwan citizens?
Once you complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee, you will receive a confirmation email from Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
In this email, we will inform you that we have received your visa application and require you to provide documentation if required. After confirming all the necessary information and documents, we will help you submit your application to the Sri Lankan Government for review.
Because the entire process of applying for a Sri Lanka ETA is online, Taiwan nationals do not need to visit an embassy or consulate to submit the required documents. Once your ETA is issued, we will notify you via email with an attachment of your visa in PDF format. You should then download and print it out before traveling to Sri Lanka.
How do Taiwanese citizens know if my tourist e-Visa is approved?
Once the Sri Lanka ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicant. Taiwan citizens can check the status of their visa application at Sri Lanka Immigration Services. We provide this function for our customers to help them easily keep track of the progress of their Sri Lanka visa.
Taiwan travelers just need to fill in the form with some information including application reference (full name), passport number, email address (which is used for visa application), and their request.
After 30 minutes, the result will be sent to their email. It is important that applicants provide accurate and complete information to avoid any unnecessary delays on their application.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services will send the endorsed documents to travelers’ email addresses in PDF format. Taiwan passport holders should print it out before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Hope the preceding article has given you more information about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens. If you need a faster response, please call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit Sri Lanka FAQs for more information.
Last Update: 02/2023
From February 2023, Taiwan passport holders are not eligible for Sri Lanka e-visa and they can apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy.
Get e-Visa and take 15% Discount
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE