Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens in December 2023
- 1. Check the requirements for Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- 2. How to apply for Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA from Sweden
- 3. Processing time and fees of Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- 4. Documents required to apply the Sri Lanka visa ETA
Sri Lanka is well-known for its stunning beaches and one-of-a-kind natural beauty. Sri Lanka's smiles and warmth are also well-known across the world.
With so many cultures coexisting, life in Sri Lanka continues throughout the year with a slew of festivals, making it an excellent destination for fun and relaxation.
If you are a Swedish citizen and are planning to spend your holiday in Sri Lanka, this article is for you.
Sri Lanka Immigration Service - will bring you the latest information about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens.
Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens
1. Check the requirements for Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
Anyone traveling to Sri Lanka on a Swedish passport will need to obtain a Sri Lanka visa in order to enter the country. The Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the date of issuance.
For a shorter journey to Sri Lanka, Swedish citizens may apply for a Sri Lankan ETA in one of three categories, depending on the purpose of their visit:
- Sri Lanka tourism e-Visa/ETA: The tourism ETA allows a 30-day visit with a double entry into the country. This type of ETA is granted for tourism, visiting relatives, and friends in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka business e-Visa/ETA: A business ETA is required for Swedish residents entering Sri Lanka to attend business meetings, conferences, seminars, training, negotiations, or any other connected activity. With this type of ETA, Swedish nationals can enter the country as many times as they wish and remain there for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Sri Lanka transit e-Visa/ETA: Anyone traveling through Sri Lanka on their way to another nation should get a transit ETA. This allows holders to stay in Sri Lanka for up to two days while waiting for their flight. Swedish tourists, on the other hand, do not need a Sri Lanka ETA if they will be in transit via Sri Lanka for less than 48 hours, can present documentation of their onward route, and remain in the airport transit area for the duration of their stay.
In case, the Swedish passport holder who wishes to live or work permanently in Sri Lanka must obtain a traditional visa from the Sri Lanka embassy in Sweden or overseas.
2. How to apply for Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA from Sweden
- Step 1: Apply the Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form. Fill out the "APPLY VISA" online form on our website..
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online. Check your information to make sure that all of it is correct. Then select a payment option (credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank transfer) and go to the secure page to complete the transaction.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. Check your emails periodically for confirmation of your information and the day you will get your e-Visa/ETA. Our website also allows you to check the status of your visa.
- Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens
3. Processing time and fees of Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
3.1 The Processing time to get the approval Sri Lanka ETA
The amount you will be charged for your Sri Lanka visa depends on two factors: the processing timeframe you choose for your application, and the visa type you need.
The applicants have three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing: receive the approval of Sri Lanka ETA in 03 business days. Most people go for this option.
- Rush processing: for somewhat faster processing, you can receive the approval of Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours.
- Super Rush processing: if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 5 business hours.
3.2 Fee of Sri Lanka visa ETA
Sri Lanka visa/ETA fees are divided into two categories: Government fee and visa/ETA service fee.
- Visa service charge: the fee you pay while using visa online services.
- When applying for an ETA visa in Sri Lanka, travelers are required to pay a government fee.
In addition to these two fees, Swedish applicants can consider adding a number of convenient services to make the trip smoother and more convenient.
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card service: helps you to connect to the internet continuously during the trip. You can completely handle online work as well as keep in touch with family and loved ones during the journey.
- Travel insurance service: help you feel more secure for your journey, your benefits when unexpected incidents occur during the journey.
4. Documents required to apply the Sri Lanka visa ETA
Prepare a list of prerequisites to aid in the success of your application process. The following are on the list:
- Valid passport: You cannot apply for a visa to Sri Lanka unless you have a passport. Furthermore, the visa policy of Sri Lanka demands that the passport be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- E-mail address: The ETA will be sent to you through e-mail in PDF format as a consequence of an online application procedure. The address you enter must be genuine, and you must be able to access it. Remember to print off the document or have a digital copy on your mobile device before leaving.
- Payment methods: You can use a credit or debit card to make the payment, or you can use PayPal. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Hope the article helps you understand more about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens. If you also have more questions or want to book a Sri Lanka ETA service, please contact us 24/7. The support team with many years of experience will help you save a lot of money and get the approval of Sri Lanka ETA quickly.
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Sweden Citizens FAQs
The documents required for a Sri Lanka visa application are simple and easy to obtain:
- All Swedish nationals need to possess a passport that is valid for no less than 06 months from the arrival date in Sri Lanka. Citizens of Sweden should notice that they will use the same passport while applying online for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA and traveling to Sri Lanka.
- Once Swedish citizens ensure that they meet the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens, they can fill in the visa application form which is entirely online. They can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA from the comfort of their home and receive their visa via email.
- Before departure, Sweden passport holders are advised to print out their visa to present to the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Last but not least, Swedish travelers are required to pay the visa fee online for their visa application to be processed. Swedish citizens can use one of the following payment methods for the visa cost: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal), or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
- Travel insurance in Sri Lanka is also highly recommended to Sweden visitors for a secure trip to this beautiful country.
The length of stay in Sri Lanka depends on the type of visa Swedish citizens possess:
- Tourist eVisa: Swedish nationals can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the arrival date with double entries.
- Business eVisa: This type of visa permits a maximum stay of up to 30 days.
- Transit visa: Swedish are allowed to stay at the airport for up to 02 days from the date of entry.
Once the Sri Lanka ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicants in PDF format. Swedish travelers just need to download and print it out to present it at the border upon arrival. Swedish nationals should arrive in Sri Lanka within the validity period of their visas, or their visa will automatically expire.
If you are a Swedish citizen, you will need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. From January 2012, Sweden passport holders can utilize a new visa system called “Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)” which allows them to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka from the comfort of their home.
The visa application process is completely online which takes Swedish citizens about 20 minutes to complete. Sri Lanka Immigration Services creates the application form as simple as possible for Sweden travelers to fill in.
There are only 3 simple steps in the total visa application process that Sweden citizens should follow:
- Step 1: Fill in the application form.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee securely and quickly
- Step 3: Submit the application form and let Sri Lanka Immigration Services do the rest.
Citizens of Sweden will receive their ETA via email within a maximum of 03 business days.
Yes. Swedish citizens can easily apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa with multiple entries.
Sri Lanka Tourist visa online is a type of visa that allows Swedish travelers to travel to Sri Lanka for vacation, casual visits to their friends or relatives, or participation in a sporting or cultural event. It allows for two entries into Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
The best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Sweden is at least 07 days before their travel.
After the visa application has been submitted, it is processed within 05 hours to 03 business days. The processing time of an ETA depends on the applicant’s choice.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services created 3 different processing time options for the Sri Lanka ETA from which customers can choose the one that best suits their needs.
Citizens of Sweden must bear in mind that they will be charged differently depending on the processing time for their visas. In addition, Swedish nationals should ensure that they obtain enough required documents before beginning their application process for ETA to avoid any unexpected delays.
No. Swedish passport holders who want to travel to and enter Sri Lanka need a visa. Swedish nationals can take advantage of Sri Lanka eTA for short stays in Sri Lanka for tourism, leisure, business, or transit purposes.
There are 03 types of Sri Lanka eTA for Swedish citizens:
- Tourist e-visa/ETA: is used for tourism, visiting relatives or friends purposes. This double-entry ETA allows Swedish travelers to stay in the country for 30 days from the day they enter the country.
- Business e-visa/ETA: With this type of visa, Swedish travelers can enter the country as many times as they wish, with a total staying time of 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit e-visa/ETA: Swedish applicants can use this type of ETA to transit through Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours (02 days).