Sri Lanka visa requirements for Puerto Rican citizens
- 1. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Puerto Rican citizens
- 2. Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Puerto Rican citizens
- 3. How to apply Sri Lanka Online Visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Puerto Rican citizens
- 4. Sri Lanka visa for Puerto Rican citizens cost
- 5. Some tips for easy e-visa/ETA approval
Puerto Ricans are among those who can enter Sri Lanka with an e-Visa. As a resident of Puerto Rico, you do not need to apply for a visa at the nearest Sri Lankan embassy. So, how to get a visa to Sri Lanka from Puerto Rico?
This article will walk you through the entire process of applying for a Sri Lanka visa for residents of Puerto Rico, including the requirements and costs.
1. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Puerto Rican citizens
Typically, an online travel authorization application is processed within three business days. Because the Sri Lankan Government's program is aimed at developing the tourism sector, preparing the documentation to apply for a Sri Lanka visa is simple.
Here's what you'll need to get started: a scan of your current passport’s biographical page. All Puerto Ricans must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their arrival in Sri Lanka, as well as at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officers.
Alternatively, having Sri Lanka Travel Insurance will help your visa application be approved easier.
Take into consideration that the email address you provide us must be valid. We will send your ETA to this email address in PDF format, so please provide a valid email address. Remember to print a physical copy before you leave.
2. Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Puerto Rican citizens
Puerto Rican passport holders can choose from the following types of Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa to meet their travel needs.
2.1 Tourist ETA/e-Visa
Citizens of Puerto Rico can travel to Sri Lanka for sightseeing, visiting, or receiving medical treatment. The tourist e-visa/ETA is valid for six months from the date of issuance and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days from the date of arrival. This is a double-entry visa and can be extended.
2.2 ETA/e-Visa for Business
Citizens of Puerto Rico who are invited to Sri Lanka for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events should apply for this visa. Sri Lanka business e-visa is also valid for six months with multiple entries and allows you to stay for 30 days from the date of entry.
2.3 Transit ETA/e-Visa
You can apply for this travel authorization if you are passing through Sri Lanka on your way to another location. This transit e-visa/ETA allows for a 48-hour transit at Sri Lanka's airport.
3. How to apply Sri Lanka Online Visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Puerto Rican citizens
It is relatively simple for Puerto Ricans to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa, and it has become even easier with the assistance of Sri Lanka Immigration Services. Travelers with Puerto Rican passports only need to perform the three steps listed below:
- Step 1: Fill out the online application ETA form with information about your trip and your personal information. Visitors to Puerto Rico must provide information such as their full name, date of birth, and current address…
- Step 2: Make full payment for your order. Check your email for any additional instructions (if any), as well as your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Submit the visa application and wait for the result. You can check the status of your visa on our website.
- Step 4: Print it and bring it with you to Sri Lanka.
Advice for visitors for Sri Lanka travel
- All three ETAs are valid reasons to visit Sri Lanka for tourism, transit, or business.
- The e-Visa/ETA should be printed in hard copy and carried with your passport.
- Check that your Puerto Rican passport is valid for at least 180 days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka and that at least two unused pages for markings.
4. Sri Lanka visa for Puerto Rican citizens cost
To apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa for Puerto Ricans, there are two (2) types of Sri Lanka ETA fees to pay: the Service Cost and the Government Cost.
There are three ETA service options for processing the ETA/e-Visa at Sri Lanka Immigration Services. You can choose the one that best meets your needs.
- Standard service: you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Your visa application will be processed within 24 hours.
- Service that is extremely urgent: you will receive the final result within 05 business hours.
5. Some tips for easy e-visa/ETA approval
As a result, the processing time for obtaining a Sri Lanka ETA is short, and the ETA is approved quickly. Here are some words of advice for Puerto Rican applicants:
- The applicant must complete the online Visa application form with their personal information. Make certain that all of your personal information is correct.
- The scan copy of the Puerto Rico passport's biographical page must be clear. Puerto Rico passport of candidates containing your photograph, personal information, passport issuance and expiration dates.
- Puerto-Rican citizens require a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to the Sri Lankan government's visa policy, a foreigner who remains in the country without a valid visa will be fined US $500 in addition to the visa fee.
- Puerto-Rican citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka. They will no longer be required to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka beginning June 17th, 2022. In addition, Puerto-Rican travelers are strongly advised to purchase Travel Insurance to ensure a secure trip to Sri Lanka.
- Puerto-Rico passport holders can extend their stay in Sri Lanka by obtaining a tourist or business eVisa. The transit electronic visa is not extendable. The short-term visit visa can be extended up to 270 days from the date of arrival in three consecutive instances, with 30 days granted on entry, 60 days granted on the first extension, and 90 days granted on the second and third extensions.
Please contact us at any time if you have any unanswered questions about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Puerto Rican citizens. We offer not only the well-known Sri Lankan ETA service, but also a quick and useful information consulting channel.