Sri Lanka visa for Kuwaiti citizens: Requirements and Costs in December 2023
Sri Lanka is known as a wonderland in southern Asia, with a unique location which is an island with a tear-shaped territory and totally isolated from the land. In this country, you can admire a big Buddhist culture, enjoy a peaceful atmosphere and many other fresh landscapes with interesting travel activities. With that potential in tourism, Sri Lankan authorities launched a immigration system called Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), also e-visa, to shorten Visa process and help travelers get entry approval more feasibly.
According to the Sri Lankan government, Kuwait is one of many countries that citizens are eligible for an e-Visa to travel to Sri Lanka. This article will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Kuwaiti citizens as well as the requirements and costs, and we- an experienced travel consultant- will help you get your ETA to go travel in Sri Lanka effortlessly.
1. Sri Lanka visa for Kuwaiti citizens
Since Kuwait is not in the Sri Lanka exemption list, citizens from that country need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. But thanks to the ETA system, that job is now easier than ever because you, as a Kuwaiti, do not need to go to the embassy and apply manually as well as wait for a response day by day.
By now, Sri Lankan government has launched 3 types of visa:
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa online: allows Kuwaitis to stay for 30 days totally from the date of your first entry and you can enter one more time after this. This ETA type is used for tourism, visitation and medical treatment, including Ayurvedic and yoga classes.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa online: allows Kuwaitis to stay for 30 days from the date of your arrival with multiple-entry, used for business and trading purposes but not for employment.
- Sri Lanka transit visa online: used when you need to transit in Sri Lanka before taking flight to a third country, allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for 48 hours.
Sri Lanka ETA can be extended depending on the purpose of your stay.
Sri Lanka visa for Kuwaiti citizens
2. Step by step apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Kuwait
After choosing a suitable ETA type, double-check to make sure your Kuwaiti passport has at least 6 months remaining validity on the intended date of travel and at least one visa page free of any markings.
In case you are Covid-19 vaccinated enough, the procedure is very easy. You just need to follow this below our route:
- Step 1: Filling a simple online application form.
- Step 2: Make payment and check your email for further instructions (if any).
- Step 3: Receive your e-visa and print it out to present at the point of entry for stamping.
At step 2 in the application process, after completing personal documents and choosing a suitable type of ETA service with utilities, you will pay a total fee to complete the whole process. Both electronic and wire transfers are accepted. If you use electronic payment, consider using the following units to make your payment easier: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.
In the rest cases, Kuwaitis short of vaccination doses, you will need to prepare some additional paperwork following the requirements of the Sri Lankan government. We will give you detailed guidelines so you no longer need to worry about that.
Cost of Sri Lanka visa from Kuwait
3. Cost of Sri Lanka visa for Kuwaiti citizens
As mentioned before, Kuwait is not in the Sri Lanka exemption list so if you are Kuwaiti, the government fee is compulsory. Regarding the service fee, we have three options for processing the Sri Lanka ETA from Kuwait at Sri Lanka Immigration Services you might want to take a look:
- Normal: This processing time is 3 days long.
- Urgent: By selecting this option, your visa application will be ready in 24 hours.
- Super urgent: You will have the application ready in 5 hours.
In addition to making your trip safer and more convenient, you can use some extra utilities, such as Sri Lanka Travel Insurance to keep your benefit and a 4G travel SIM card to keep you connected to the internet as well as save money for roaming data.
In order to give guests the best experience for their journey in Sri Lanka, we have provided additional car pick-up service.
When you register for our ETA visa service, you will register for a quick Sri Lanka car pick-up service without providing any additional information. Check out this amazing service now.
Any other questions, you can contact us 24/7 to get support. The Sri Lanka Immigration Services team is always ready to help you prepare for your Sri Lanka trip.
- Tracking Sri Lanka visa status
- Sri Lanka Visa promotion
- Do US citizens need a visa for Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lanka visa for British citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Afghanistan citizens
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Kuwait Citizens FAQs
Yes. Kuwait citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka because Kuwait is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visas.
Since 2012. travelers who want to enter Sri Lanka for a short-term visit can approve the Sri Lanka ETA.
This type of online visa allows visitors to visit Sri Lanka for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. The visa application process is simple and just takes the applicants a few minutes to complete.
Kuwait citizens now can apply for a Sri Lanka electronic visa which saves time and costs.
- Read details information here: Sri Lanka visa for Kuwait citizens
Kuwait citizens who want to come to Sri Lanka for other purposes such as study abroad, work, etc, need to apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy in Kuwait or anywhere.
The length of stay in Sri Lanka depends on the type of visa that Kuwait citizens possess:
- Tourist eVisa: Kuwait nationals can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the arrival date with double entries.
- Business eVisa: This type of visa permits a maximum stay of up to 30 days.
- Transit visa: Kuwait is allowed to stay at the airport for up to 02 days from the date of entry.
Once the ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicants in PDF format. Kuwait travelers just need to download and print it out to present it at the border upon arrival. Kuwait nationals should arrive in Sri Lanka within the validity period of their visas, or their visa will automatically expire.
Kuwait citizens cannot work in Sri Lanka with an online visa. Remember the purpose of EVisa includes 3 types of Sri Lanka online visa:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Visa transit
If you want to work in Sri Lanka, you should apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy as well as ensure the rules of immigration to this country.
Currently, Sri Lanka Immigration Services offers 3 levels for customers to choose from, depending on the urgency to get the visa online.
With urgency, the process of getting an e-visa will be shortened. Accordingly, Kuwait candidates will receive an approved visa as soon as possible, helping their trip to go as planned.
- Normal visa: Get the approval visa in 3 days.
- Urgent visa: Get the approval visa in 24 hours.
- Super Urgent visa: Get the approval visa in 5 hours.
Please note, the faster your visa processing time, the higher your service fee will be.