Sri Lanka visa for South Korean citizens: Requirements and Cost in December 2023
- 1. Types of Sri Lanka ETAs for South Korean visitors
- 2. How to apply for online work?
- 3. Validity and requirements for Sri Lanka online visa
- 4. What is the processing time and ETA cost for South Korean applicants?
Sri Lanka is an attractive tourist destination for many Korean tourists. Beautiful beaches, unspoiled natural scenery, and peaceful people's lives make Sri Lanka an ideal destination.
Find out Sri Lanka visa requirements for South Korean citizens with Sri Lanka Immigration Services in the article below, if you are planning to visit this country!
1. Types of Sri Lanka ETAs for South Korean visitors
South Korean citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka. The South Korean passport holders must apply online for e-visa/ETA or apply for a traditional visa at the Sri Lanka embassy in South Korea.
South Korean nationals can choose between different types of Sri Lanka ETAs to suit their travel needs. The following three are detailed in the Sri Lankan visa policy:
Tourist ETA for Sri Lanka
South Korean tourists can use this travel authorization to visit Sri Lanka for leisure and relaxation. The tourist visa/ETA is valid for 06 months and grants a dual entry. With this visa, South Korean citizens can enter Sri Lanka twice and remain there for up to 30 days from the arrival date. They are only permitted to stay for a maximum of 30 days each visit..
Sri Lanka Business ETA
South Korean professionals can visit Sri Lanka for business meetings, investment opportunities, and professional events. The Business visa/ETA is also valid for 06 months and allows a maximum stay of 30 consecutive days. The difference with the Tourist ETA is that it allows multiple entries into Sri Lanka during the ETA’s validity period.
Sri Lanka Transit ETA
South Korean travelers can apply for a transit ETA if they have a stopover in Sri Lanka en route to a third destination and need to depart the airport in between their flights. It is also valid for 6 months and allows just one admission. The conditions are that their stopover does not exceed 48 hours and for transit purposes only.
The process to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA is done entirely online and, unlike traditional visas, does not require the applicant to visit an embassy. However, South Korean nationals who need to stay in Sri Lanka for over a month consecutively or plan to relocate for a more stable period of time for employment or academic reasons are recommended to schedule a visit at the Sri Lankan embassy in South Korea to enquire which travel authorization suits them more.
2. How to apply for online work?
Sri Lanka Immigration Services portal is where you may submit your visa application.
This may be done not only for oneself but also for a whole group of travelers at the same time, saving you a lot of time. You can also apply on behalf of someone else; you will need the traveler's passport details to do so.
Apply for a visa/ETA
Apply for a Sri Lanka visa by using the online application form. Filled it in only just a few minutes.
Make a payment online
After filling in the form, you can safely and easily pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
You receive your visa by email. The average response time will be within 05 hours to 03 business days after the payment is completed..
3. Validity and requirements for Sri Lanka online visa
To travel to Sri Lanka, each Korean traveler needs to possess a valid e-visa. This ETA is valid for six months, with a maximum stay of 30 days. At the time of applying, no flight ticket needs to have been booked yet.
So for a trip to Sri Lanka, each traveler is required to possess:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification.
- An email address to receive the result of visa application.
4. What is the processing time and ETA cost for South Korean applicants?
The processing time
The Sri Lanka ETA service currently has 3 service levels for you to choose from, corresponding to your demand for your visa processing time:
- Standard service: This is one of the most cost-effective solutions, with an ETA of 3 business days.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will have your Sri Lanka e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: If you choose this emergency option, you can obtain your e-Visa within 05 working hours.
Sri Lanka visa/ETA cost
To obtain a Sri Lanka e visa for South Korean citizens, you must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa fees: service fee and government fee.
- The government fee is the sum that you must pay in order for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process the e-Visa/ETA.
- The service charge is the amount you must pay in advance for our assistance with your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. Including guidance on your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, submitting documentation, reviewing your application, and informing you of the outcome of your application.
A quick reminder: if you want to stay connected to the internet while traveling, pick a Sri Lanka 4G SIM trip, as well as Sri Lanka travel insurance to maintain your benefits when going overseas. You can charge a little fee to ensure that they have a safe and easy journey.
Don't forget to book a car pick-up service in Sri Lanka, a great experience for South Korean travelers as soon as they arrive in this beautiful country. What you need to do is rest after a long flight, our driver will pick you up right at the airport and carry your luggage to the car. You can enjoy your surroundings while our driver takes you to your address.
Hope the useful article below will help you understand about Sri Lanka visa requirements for South Korean citizens. If you need more information, feel free to contact us 24/7 or read more Sri Lanka Immigration related questions at our FAQs function.