Sri Lanka visa requirements for Guatemalan citizens in February 2024
- 1. The Sri Lanka e-Visa requirements for Guatemala citizens
- 2. Step by step to apply for the Sri Lanka visa from Guatemala
- 3. The fee of Sri Lanka visa for Guatemala citizens
- 4. Discover Sri Lanka online visa FAQs
- How will Guatemala citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
- Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Guatemala?
- Do Guatemala citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
- What is the maximum stay for Guatemala citizens in Sri Lanka?
- Can Guatemala passport holders extend their stay in Sri Lanka with a Sri Lanka ETA?
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the middle of the Indian Ocean. This is a popular tourist destination for Guatemala citizens because of its unspoiled natural beauty, which includes vast forests, beautiful beaches, and swaying palm trees....
If you are a Guatemalan planning a trip to Sri Lanka, you must first apply for a visa to Sri Lanka.
This article will go over the entire process of obtaining a Sri Lankan visa for Guatemalan citizens, including the requirements and costs.
1. The Sri Lanka e-Visa requirements for Guatemala citizens
Many countries do not require Guatemala passport holders to have a pre-approved visa when they arrive, but Sri Lanka is none of them. As a result, when Guatemalans visit this country, they must obtain a visa from Sri Lanka.
The Sri Lanka ETA visa makes it simple to obtain pre-approval, but it is dependent on the type of travel and the amount of time spent in Sri Lanka.
Types of Sri Lanka online visa for Guatemala travelers
In fact, the Sri Lanka e-visa for Guatemala citizens has 03 types of ETAs that can apply for. Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides Guatemala travelers with three types as below:
- Sri Lanka tourist ETA: allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days with double entry from the date of your arrival. You can enter Sri Lanka with this ETA for tourist activities, visitation, and medical attention, including Ayurvedic and yoga classes.
- Sri Lanka Business ETA: allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from your arrival date and multiple entries. It is used for business and trading purposes but not for employment.
- Sri Lanka Transit ETA: used when you need to transit through Sri Lanka before traveling to the next country. This type of visa allows you to stay at the airport for only 48 hours.
2. Step by step to apply for the Sri Lanka visa from Guatemala
It is very simple to get a Sri Lanka online visa for Guatemala citizens and now it is even easier with our support. Travelers with Guatemala passports only need to take the three steps listed below:
- Step 1: Fill out the Sri Lanka ETA application form with trip information and personal contact.
- Step 2: Pay the total cost of your order. Check your email for further information and your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print out your Sri Lanka ETA and bring it with you when you enter Sri Lanka.
Guatemala visitors must provide information such as their full name, date of birth, and current address. Tourism, transit, and business are all valid reasons to visit Sri Lanka under any of the three ETAs.
From the date it is issued, the e-Visa/ETA is valid for 06 months. It should be printed in hard copy and carried with you in your passport.
Check that your Guatemala passport is valid for at least 180 days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka and that at least two blank visa pages are free of any markings.
3. The fee of Sri Lanka visa for Guatemala citizens
To obtain a Sri Lanka visa, Guatemalan citizens must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa fees: a service fee and a government fee.
The Sri Lanka ETA visa service now has three fee levels, which are as follows:
- The first option is standard service, which is one of the most cost-effective options and can help you get your ETA within 03 business days.
- The second is urgent service: You can expect to receive your Sri Lanka electronic visa within 24 hours.
- The third, super urgent service: Whether you have an emergent situation, you can receive your e-Visa within 05 business hours by using this service type.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services has launched an airport transfer service to enhance your stay in Sri Lanka. As soon as you arrive in Sri Lanka, you can book a shuttle service with a single click.
4. Discover Sri Lanka online visa FAQs
How will Guatemala citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
Guatemala citizens will be notified of their Sri Lanka ETA via email. To obtain a Sri Lanka eVisa, Guatemala travelers must fill out an online application form at the Sri Lanka Immigration Service.
Candidates from Guatemala should download and print their approved travel documents once they have received them. To enter Sri Lanka, they must present their visa to an Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival.
Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Guatemala?
No, Guatemala citizens require a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to the Sri Lankan government's visa policy, a foreigner who remains in the country without a valid visa will be fined US $500 in addition to the visa fee.
Do Guatemala citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. When visiting Sri Lanka, Guatemala citizens must be aware of the most recent government update on Covid-19 requirements. Guatemala nationals will no longer be required to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka beginning June 17th, 2022.
If the required doses of the COVID-19 vaccination are completed and Guatemala citizens leave the country two weeks later, they will be considered 'Fully Vaccinated.' All travelers who have received COVID-19 vaccines should carry proof of vaccination in English with them at all times. Furthermore, Guatemala citizens are not required to complete a Health Declaration Form.
What is the maximum stay for Guatemala citizens in Sri Lanka?
A Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months from the date of issuance, allowing Guatemala citizens to stay for up to 30 days.
The length of stay in Sri Lanka is determined by the type of visa held by Guatemala citizens:
- Tourist and Business eVisas allow you to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit eVisas allow you to stay at the airport for up to two days from the date of entry.
Can Guatemala passport holders extend their stay in Sri Lanka with a Sri Lanka ETA?
Yes. Guatemala visitors who wish to stay in Sri Lanka for more than 30 days may apply for a visa extension. The short-term visit visa can be extended up to 270 days from the date of arrival in three consecutive instances, with 30 days granted on entry, 60 days granted on the first extension, and 90 days granted on the second and third extensions.
Guatemala visitors must apply for visa extensions at the Department of Immigration and Immigration (Head office). They can extend their stay in Sri Lanka by obtaining a tourist or business eVisa. The transit electronic visa is not extendable.
This article should have explained how to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka for Guatemalan citizens, as well as the requirements and costs. If you require assistance with online Visa information or services for your trip to Sri Lanka, please contact us. Our team of experienced travel consultants will assist you in obtaining your e-Visa/ETA to travel in Sri Lanka with ease.