Sri Lanka visa for Colombian citizens: Requirements and Cost in December 2023
- 1. Do I need visa for Colombians to enter Sri Lanka?
- 2. Type of Sri Lanka visa/ETA
- 3. How to apply Sri Lanka Visa for citizens of Colombia
- 4. Documents required of Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
Sri Lanka, a gorgeous tropical island in the center of the warm Indian Ocean, has to be one of the finest tourist destinations of all time.
A tour to Sri Lanka that includes the rainforest, mountains, tea plantations, and a gorgeous coastline.
This gorgeous nation with the ideal Sri Lanka route has everything you could possibly want.
In this article, let's find out the Sri Lanka visa for citizens of Colombia with Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Discover Sri Lanka online visa for Colombia citizens
1. Do I need visa for Colombians to enter Sri Lanka?
Colombian passport holders planning a trip to Sri Lanka for leisure, business, or transit can enter the country using the electronic visa, known as the Sri Lanka ETA.
They are entirely qualified for an Electronic Travel Authorisation if they go for one of the reasons listed above and their stay does not exceed 30 days.
If Colombians are visiting Sri Lanka for other reasons or for a longer amount of time, they should make an appointment with the Sri Lanka Consulate in Colombia.
2. Type of Sri Lanka visa/ETA
The Sri Lankan Government offers 03 types of Sri Lanka ETA to Colombia citizens for short-term stays:
2.1 Tourist visa/ETA for Colombia citizens
The Sri Lanka ETA for tourism is a multifunctional travel authorization that allows Colombia citizens to enter Sri Lanka for a range of reasons. It covers the following topics:
- Recreation includes relaxation, cultural activities, and other sorts of entertainment.
- Visit family and friends who live in the country.
- Participate in sporting events
- Seek medical help.
- Participate in cultural events and contests.
Once accepted, it is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance and allows travelers from Colombia to stay for 30 days from the date of arrival. This is a double-entry visa.
How many type of Sri Lanka ETA visa for Colombia resident?
2.2 Business visa/ETA for Colombia citizens
The Sri Lankan Government offers the Sri Lanka ETA for business to Colombia professionals and investors interested in the following activities:
- Participate in conferences and seminars
- Participate in business meetings
- Short-term training courses must be completed.
The tourist ETA, like the business ETA, is valid for 06 months from the issued date. With this type of visa, Colombian nationals can enter Sri Lanka multiple times and stay there for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
2.3 Transit visa/ETA for Colombia citizens
Colombia residents transiting through Sri Lanka on their way to the third destination with a connecting aircraft that takes off within the next 48 hours must apply for Sri Lanka transit ETA.
If their stay exceeds 48 hours, the Transit ETA expires and they must apply for a tourist ETA or another visa.
3. How to apply Sri Lanka Visa for citizens of Colombia
Applicants can apply for a visa when they have an internet-connected device. That means the visa application process is completely online and you can save a lot of time instead of queuing and making appointments in the traditional visa application form.
To apply for a Sri Lanka ETA, you can completely get an ETA approved through these 4 easy steps
- Step 1: Apply for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form.
- Step 2: Double check all the information provided in the form and pay the visa fee online.
- Step 3: Receive the confirmation email of your visa application. Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in a maximum of 03 business days.
- Step 4: Download and print out a copy of your ETA. Upon your arrival in Sri Lanka, the Immigration Officer may ask you to present it along with your valid passport.
Let's visit: Sri Lanka visa fee
4. Documents required of Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
The list of requirements for a Sri Lanka visa isn't long. Here are the things you'll need for a good program procedure:
- You cannot apply for a Sri Lanka visa unless you have a valid passport. Furthermore, Sri Lanka's visa policy requires that the Colombian passport be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for the verification.
- E-mail address - As a result of an online application process, the ETA will be sent to you by email in PDF format. The address you enter must be genuine, and you must be able to access it. Don't forget to print off the document or save a digital copy on your device.
- Payment method - When it comes to paying for services, wire transfer (via the bank of Cyprus) and electronic payments are adaptable. You can use a credit or debit card, American Express and PayPal for the payment.