Sri Lanka visa for Belizean citizens: Requirements and Cost
- 1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Belize citizens
- 2. Step by step to apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Belize
- 3. Types of Sri Lanka e-visa
- 4. Sri Lanka visa Fee for Belize citizens
- 5. Sri Lanka ETA FAQs for Belize citizens
- When is the best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Belize citizens?
- Do Belize citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
- What is the maximum stay for Belize citizens in Sri Lanka?
- Can Belize passport holders extend their stay in Sri Lanka with a Sri Lanka ETA?
- What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Belize citizens?
Sri Lanka, known as the "Pearl of the Indian Ocean," is a popular Asian tourist destination. Sri Lanka draws visitors with its natural beauty, diverse culture, and peaceful, slow pace of life.
This article, Sri Lanka Immigration Services will provide you with information on the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Belizeans.
1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Belize citizens
While many countries do not require Belize passport holders to have a pre-approved visa upon arrival, Sri Lanka is not one of them. As a result, Belizeans require a visa/ETA to enter Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka ETA, or Electronic Travel Authorization, is a useful online visa waiver system. The ETA allows Belizeans to visit Sri Lanka for short periods of time using an electronic visa. This means that Belizeans can apply for and receive visa approval prior to arrival.
A Sri Lanka ETA is issued electronically and emailed to the applicant's email address.
2. Step by step to apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Belize
The application process for a Sri Lankan ETA for Belize passport holders is quick and easy, and it can be completed online. To do so, Belize visitors have to simply fill out an online application form and follow the four steps outlined below:
Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa online. This form will request the following information: Passport information, personal information, travel date,... The form will also ask applicants to choose between a Tourist visa, a Business visa, and a Transit visa.
Pay the visa fee online. Ensure that all of the information you provide in this step is correct. Regarding the payment method, you have two payment options: credit or debit card, PayPal, American Express, or bank transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus).
Check your emails for your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, you can also view the status of your visa on our website with the Check status function.
Before departing, you should print out your Sri Lanka ETA. The Immigration Officer at the border checkpoint may ask you to present it upon your arrival.
Documents required for Sri Lanka visa application for Belize citizens
To obtain the Sri Lanka ETA online, citizens of Belize need to possess the following documents:
- A passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the intended entry date to Sri Lanka, with at least 02 unused pages for verification.
- A current email address to which the online visa for Sri Lanka will be sent.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the ETA Sri Lanka fee.
3. Types of Sri Lanka e-visa
A Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months from the date of issuance. The Sri Lankan Government allows Belize passport holders to enter the country using one of three types of e-visas/ETA:
- Tourist e-visa: is used for tourist purposes, such as visiting relatives or friends. This ETA allows Belize visitors to stay in the country for 30 days from the day they arrive with double entries.
- Business e-visa: With this type of visa, Belize applicants can enter the country as many times as they want. The duration of stay is 30 days in total.
- Transit e-visa: Belize applicants can use this type of ETA to transit through Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours. Belize travelers should note that this visa is used for transit purposes only.
4. Sri Lanka visa Fee for Belize citizens
Belize residents must pay two types of fees to obtain an e-Visa/ETA to Sri Lanka: the e-Visa/ETA service fee and the Sri Lanka Government Fee.
Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA service fee
The cost of ETA service is determined by the processing time of visa application. Currently, Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides 03 types of service:
- Normal service: You will receive your e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent Service: You will get an e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: Receive an e-Visa/ETA in just 05 business hours.
Sri Lanka Government fee
The government fee of Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA is a mandatory fee that the Belize applicants must pay in order for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process the e-Visa/ETA.
5. Sri Lanka ETA FAQs for Belize citizens
When is the best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Belize citizens?
The processing time for visa applications is within 05 hours to 03 business days, thus Belize passport holders should apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at least 07 days before their travel.
Do Belize citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. Belize citizens must be aware of the latest update of the Government on Covid-19 requirements when visiting Sri Lanka. From June 17th, 2022, Belize nationals do not need to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka.
If the 'required doses' of the COVID-19 vaccination are completed and Belize citizens depart from abroad two weeks after completion of vaccination, they will be considered as 'Fully Vaccinated'. All travelers who have obtained COVID-19 vaccines should carry a proof of vaccination in English throughout their travel. In addition, citizens of Belize are not required to submit a Health Declaration Form.
What is the maximum stay for Belize citizens in Sri Lanka?
A Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the issued date, allowing a duration of stay up to 30 days for Belize citizens.
Can Belize passport holders extend their stay in Sri Lanka with a Sri Lanka ETA?
Yes. Belize visitors who wish to stay more than 30 days in Sri Lanka may apply for a visa extension. The short term visit visa may be extended maximum up to 270 days from the date of arrival in three consecutive instances as granted 30 days on entry, 60 days at first extension and 90 days for second and third instances.
Belize travelers need to submit their visa extension request at the Department of Immigration & Immigration (Head office). They can extend their stay in Sri Lanka with a tourist eVisa and a business eVisa. The transit electronic visa cannot be extended.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services strongly advise Belize travelers to apply for a visa extension in advance of the expiration date of their visa to avoid fines and inconveniences. If they extend the validity of their visa, they risk having their extension request denied, or even being detained.
What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Belize citizens?
Once you complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee, Belize citizens will receive a confirmation email from Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
In this email, we will inform you that we have received your visa application and require you to provide documentation if required. After confirming all the necessary information and documents, we will help you submit your application to the Sri Lankan Government for review.
Because the entire process of applying for a Sri Lanka ETA is online, Belize nationals do not need to visit an embassy or consulate to submit the required documents. Once your ETA is issued, we will notify you via email with an attachment of your visa in PDF format. You should then download and print it out before traveling to Sri Lanka.
If you have any questions about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Belizeans or would like to learn more about the Sri Lanka ETA service, please contact us as soon as possible.
With many years of experience in the field of Global ETA service, particularly Sri Lanka ETA service, we are confident that we will provide you with the best experience possible. We will also assist you in obtaining an e-visa/ETA to enter Sri Lanka quickly, saving you a significant amount of time and effort.
Get e-Visa and take 15% Discount
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE