Sri Lanka Visa for Bahamas citizens: Requirements and Cost in February 2024
- 1. Sri Lanka visa for Bahamas citizens information
- 2. How to get a visa for Sri Lanka from the Bahamas?
- 3. Sri Lanka visa cost and Processing time
- 4. Extra Services for Travelers
Since 2012, like many other nationalities, Bahamas citizens do not need a consular visa when traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism or business purposes.
As a Bahamian national, you qualify for an electronic travel authorization called Sri Lanka ETA, online visa, or e-Visa.
In this article, let's discover how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa online for Bahamian citizens in as little as 30 minutes. Let’s go!
1. Sri Lanka visa for Bahamas citizens information
Some things to know about Sri lanka visas for Bahamas citizens
Do Bahamas citizens need visas to visit Sri Lanka?
Citizens of the Bahamas who are traveling to Sri Lanka need to apply for an e-visa online before traveling.
What is a Sri Lanka ETA visa for travelers?
Quick understanding, Sri Lanka online visa is an electronic visa, equivalent to a traditional visa.
However, online visa holders can only apply for certain entry purposes such as tourism, meeting, and transit, ...
As long as you have a device connected to the internet, you can apply for a visa online quickly and easily anywhere. This saves a lot of time and effort for applicants when owning an approved visa.
How long can Bahamas citizens stay in Sri Lanka on a tourist e-visa?
Depending on the type of Sri Lanka online visa that Bahamas applicants apply for, citizens of this country can stay in Sri Lanka for different periods of time. Specifically:
- With tourist visa: stay up to 1 month with double entries
- Business visa: stay up to 1 month and enter Sri Lanka multiple times within the validity period of the visa
- Transit visa: applicants can stay up to 48 hours but only in the area of the airport and cannot go anywhere else.
2. How to get a visa for Sri Lanka from the Bahamas?
Bahamas citizens should only take three simple steps in the visa application process:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form with your visa information (number of visas, type of visa, and processing time), as well as your personal information.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee securely and quickly using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus
- Step 3: Submit the application form and leave the rest to Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Please note that the online visa only applies to the following purposes: tourism, meeting, and transit. When Bahamas citizens want to enter Sri Lanka for other purposes (study abroad, work, ...) please contact the embassy to get an entry visa to this country.
When should I apply for a Sri Lanka visa?
Any mistakes or unmatched information may result in a delay in processing time. Bahamas citizens should apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at least 07 days before their travel.
Can I pick up the visa at the Sri Lankan Consulate or Embassy?
Of course, Bahamian citizens can apply for a visa at the Sri Lankan Embassy to be able to enter.
However, we always advise our clients to apply for an ETA visa if they want a short-term visa to Sri Lanka. Because it helps you save time and effort compared to applying for a visa in the traditional way.
3. Sri Lanka visa cost and Processing time
There is a connection between the Sri lanka visa fee and the application process that applicants need to be aware of in order to understand the fees they need to pay for their online visa.
How much is the Sri lanka rush visa for Bahamas citizens?
To receive Sri Lanka visa online, candidates will pay 2 types of fees, including:
- Government fee: this is a mandatory fee that the Sri Lanka government requires for all foreign visitors who want to apply for a visa to enter the country.
- Service fee: This fee pays for our services, including support and advice from the time of filling out the application, and receiving the form.
What is Sri Lanka visa processing time for Bahamas travelers?
Sri Lanka immigration services have 3-time levels for customers to choose from. Depending on the needs of customers, the processing time for Sri Lanka will be different.
- Normal: get an e-Visa for Sri Lanka within 03 business days.
- Urgent: get an e-Visa for Sri Lanka within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: get e-Visa within 05 business hours.
Please note that the shorter the timeline, the higher the fee will be.
How to save for Sri Lanka online visa fee?
Receive a promo code to get the best price when you register for online visa service on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
After completing the steps to fill in the registration information. You just need to enter the promo code at the checkout step. The amount at the payment step will be reduced as soon as you enter the code.
4. Extra Services for Travelers
To make your trip more convenient and memorable, don't miss our following convenient services:
- Sri Lanka Travel Insurance: Travel insurance includes covid insurance, giving you peace of mind for your trip and unexpected incidents. See details of our insurance policies at the Sri lanka Travel Insurance page.
- Airport pick-up service: Just once fill in the information and when you apply for our e-Visa service, you can purchase airport pick-up service
- Sim card 4G service: connecting to the internet during the trip helps you stay in touch with family and friends, and share interesting moments of the trip. Or handle remote online jobs (reply to emails, messages, ....)
Great. Now you can enjoy many services for your trip for a small fee. Check it out now!
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Hope you have more understanding about the rules of Sri Lanka visas for Bahamas citizens. Feel free to contact us if you still have any questions or want to book a Sri Lanka Online Visa.
Let's catch up now!