Sri Lanka visa requirements for Afghan citizens: Documents and Cost
- 1. Check the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Afghan citizens
- 2. Way of submitting a Sri Lanka visa application from Afghanistan?
- 3. How much is a Visa for Sri Lanka?
- 4. Some notes for easy e-visa/ETA approval
Sri Lanka is an island nation located in South Asia, across a southern line of Bengal bay. Its nature and culture are hot topics in every forum about tourism for years and that is why you can see countless tourists visit Sri Lanka every year.
The development of the tourism industry has led to the increasing demand for foreign visas. Knowing that upward trend, in 2012 the Sri Lankan government decided to release a new type of visa that can solve current issues of regular visas, such as processing time, budget, waiting time, and effort.
You are looking for Sri Lankan visa information for a citizen of Afghanistan? This article is for you. All the latest updates about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Afghan citizens including documents, visa cost, and time taken to process a Sri Lankan e-visa.
1. Check the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Afghan citizens
Sri Lanka tourist visa for Afghan citizens is required. The visa expires in 180 days and the stay is usually short with a period of 30 days.
All visitors who have permission to travel to Sri Lanka are advised to apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka. But, applying for Sri Lanka ETA visa before travel is advised for ease of travel and to prevent delays on arrival.
Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Afghani passport holders?
Afghani citizens visit Sri Lanka by three kinds of ETA Visa:
- Business e-Visa / ETA multiple entries. The largest day for stay is up to 30 days.
- The Tourist e-visa / ETA has a double entry within a given 30 days.
- Transit e-Visa / ETA: Time entry up to 02 days (48 hours).
What are documents required for Sri Lanka tourist e-visa?
Applying for a Sri Lanka e-visa for Afghan citizens is easier than ever. All you need to do is provide your legal passport which is valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival in Sri Lanka.
2. Way of submitting a Sri Lanka visa application from Afghanistan?
Afghani citizens can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online from Afghanistan, which is known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). If use our Sri Lanka ETA service, you can get it easily by some action:
- Step 1: Sign in your account in srilankavisa.lk. Submit the Sri Lanka ETA application directly at “APPLY VISA”.
- Step 2: Pay the fee and wait for the ETA to be processed. You can pay the fee only via Visa, Master, and American Express Cards.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa / ETA by checking your emails or checking the status of your visa on our website.
- Step 4: Receive visa stamped into your passport
3. How much is a Visa for Sri Lanka?
Each Sri Lanka ETA has 2 types of fees, including ETA Service Fee and Government & admin fee. In addition, you can add a small fee for a Sri Lanka SIM card to keep you connected with the worldwide network and Travel insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
Regarding visa service fees, there is 3 type of fees corresponding to 3 different kinds of visa. Depending on the time of needing an e-Visa/ETA, whether it is urgent or not, the applicatan chooses the appropriate service package:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 03 business days if you choose this service type.
- Urgent: with this type of service, you can get your e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: this type is the highest service type that can help you get your e-visa within 5 business hours.
4. Some notes for easy e-visa/ETA approval
The Afghan applicatans must type their information into the Visa online form. Make sure to correct the exact personal information.
The scan copy of the passport of Afghanistan must be clear, the information pages that have a signature. Passport showing your photo, personal details, passport issue, and expiry dates. Notice, the passport must be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa.
Requirement of the negative COVID-19 PCR test result for all international travelers coming to Sri Lanka. The negative PCR test must be issued within 72 hours before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travelers who come to Sri Lanka. The last dose of the vaccine have to be taken at least 14 days before departure.
Hope the above useful information has helped you to understand the process of applying a Sri Lanka visa for Afghan citizens. If you are planning to visit Sri Lanka, take advantage of our professional ETA Sri Lanka Service now. Our elite staff will surely give you a great experience, such as save you time and money. Contact us now.